So it was only fitting to follow my previous laundry post with this one. The world of homemade anything can be a little confusing, laundry stuff included. Everyone seems to have their own way of doing things....which I totally understand. But it can be frustrating when all I want is a simple recipe that will work. It seems like there are a million different ways to make laundry softener, so I just had to pick one and go with it. Apparently there is a method where you use hair conditioner and it leaves a nice scent on your clothes. Hm, well, I might try that one later, but to be honest, I don't care about scent. I want my clothes to BE clean and SMELL clean....they don't need to smell like my hair. So I tried this one by Littlemomma. I cut the recipe in half since it appears to make a almost a gallon and I didn't need that much for a first try. I was so happy with this recipe! It really does work and smells good and there is absolutely no trace of vinegar smell- don't worry. And just so you know, I will NEVER go back to buying my fabric softener loaded with all those chemicals after using this stuff! I'm so happy with this.
- 1. You will need a one gallon container.
- 2. First add the baking soda to the plastic container.
- 3. Next add 1 cup of water to start with.
- 4. Slowly add the vinegar to the bottle as the vinegar and baking soda will start to fizz.
- 5. Then add the rest of the water swirling around & cover venting the top a few times.
- 6. Last add the essential oil.
- 7. Add 1 cup in your final rinse cycle for each load but give the bottle a good shake to stir up the essential oil if using.
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/homemade-fabric-softener-179890#ixzz1pIOIzGn5
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/homemade-fabric-softener-179890#ixzz1pIOFQ6pY