Getting Up Close & Personal With Wildlife...

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Last night I let Duke out back to do his thing before bed and I heard him barking. Then I hear my husband yell, "Hunny! Look out the window, what do you see?!" My response.... "Really?....I don't see anything spectacular." Then he informs me that there was is a raccoon in our tree. I was interested after that information. I did see it from my window, but I timidly stepped outside to get a better look. ***Disclaimer: Wild animals should not be approached, they can carry diseases*** I did not approach the raccoon and the raccoon was up the tree so I was not close to it. But I had to snap a picture cause he was kinda cute.


This morning when I stepped out to go for a run, I did a thorough scan of the yard to make sure our night time visitor was gone.

But alas, there were more interesting little critters to watch out for on my run. Remember my post about the weather changing and it's feeling like fall...yea...well remember how I wrote about the orb spiders?? Well, they really are now everywhere. I have to be very aware when I'm running of where their webs are. This rather large spider was merrily working on a web about a foot from my face.




EEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkk!!!!! I think I've had plenty of wildlife for at least a week. I'll just hide out inside my house till Friday. LOL! Hope you all have a GREAT week!


With Love,
Becca











No comments:

Post a Comment