New Projects

Friday, May 6, 2011


This week has been a busy one for me. It seems like this year has just been getting busier and busier. I can't wait till summer....although I have a feeling that once summer is here it will be over before I know it. I'm not sure how you all handle stress but I love to paint. I haven't painted for a very long time. Between carpools, play dates, food to make, appointments to keep, kids to pick up after, who has time?! This week I made time...and I'm very happy I did. I put a movie on and I took a couple hours to paint.


My little brother in law is moving into a new apartment and asked me to paint him a modern/abstract painting to go in the living room. I don't usually paint modern but I was very excited to paint for him. He bought me three canvases to paint on- it was a lot of fun. Art doesn't have to be perfection. It doesn't HAVE to be anything. Art is what you make it. To be completely honest with you I had no idea what i was painting when I started. It just kinda flowed out of my soul as I went along. If you've never painted - try painting an abstract painting.... it's never wrong, it's just yours. Hopefully this will inspire someone out there. Here's my painting.


....I hope he likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment