Spring is here!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. Ours was filled with lots of activities and even more goodies :)
And for all of you who are curious my bunny rolls turned out pretty cute. I ran into a problem though! I could not find the refrigerated bread stick dough at my grocery store!!! AAahhhhh!!! So I improvised (never be afraid to do that). I used croissants. The kids didn't notice the difference. What do you think about the bunny rolls?


Here is a picture of some sugar snap peas that my son helped grow. I think this picture encompasses the freshness of spring, I just love it.


If you are looking for a great activity for kids to do- here it is. Making a recycled egg carton garden.

Recycled Egg Carton Garden

Gather up some egg cartons. Let your kids decorate the outside.


Then open up the egg carton and fill the egg indents with dirt. The kids can do this with a small spoon. Then have them place a couple seeds in each little dirt pile.


You can also have them glue little pictures of what seeds they planted on the inside of the lid. That way they will know what the plants are as they grow. It's also a great way to introduce little ones to recycling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment