Easter Preparations

Friday, April 22, 2011


My kids are very excited because Easter is almost here. Today I got around to hard boiling some eggs for us to dye....I know, I know I kinda waited till the last minute on that. Very unlike me...but this week I've been getting up at 4:45am to go workout. It's been a bit of an adjustment in my routine. But back to the point, I've heard so many different ways to boil eggs. I'm sure at least half of you out there have your own special way. Here's how I do it.

1. I place my eggs in the bottom of a large pot.
2. I fill the pot with cold water about an inch and a half above the eggs
3. I salt the water
4. I place on the stove and heat on high
5. When it comes to a boil I let it boil for 2-4 minutes. 
6. After boiling for just a few minutes I cover with a lid and remove from heat.
7. Let stand for 12 minutes and then shock them in cold water.
8. Store in the fridge and enjoy! :)

I'm thinking I'll have the kids color the eggs tomorrow and maybe we'll make the Easter cookie package I picked up at the store. On Easter morning I'm planning on making bunny rolls out of refrigerated bread stick dough. My mom made them when I was young and it's a family tradition now.... guess I need to go to the store to pick up the refrigerated bread stick dough! I take a stick and roll it into a cinnamon roll type bun. I then roll a smaller one for the head and take little pieces for the tail and ears. Super simple, cute and kids love them. Hope you all have a wonderful Easter! 

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hope you and the kids had a fun time on Easter!

Post a Comment